Quality, Durable Pool Floor and Pool Deck Coatings
After investing in building or refinishing your backyard pool, you want to do everything you can to protect your investment. Pool deck coatings and pool floor coatings will extend the lifespan of your pool and pool area. Choosing a durable, high-quality, and attractive pool floor and pool deck coating will also enhance your pool’s beauty, protect swimmers’ safety, add value to your home, and encourage your family to use the pool more often. At Lakeside Painting, we offer residential pool painting services, including pool deck coatings for concrete and cement pools, and pool floor coatings in Milwaukee, WI. We are a local, family-owned and operated business with over 40 years in the industry. Call us today to schedule a consultation or request a free estimate.
What Is Pool Floor and Pool Deck Coating?
Both pool floor and pool deck coatings can protect your pool and make it safer. You can choose one or the other, or invest in both to further enhance your pool’s value, beauty, and safety. Let’s take a look at what pool floor coatings and pool deck coatings are:
- Pool floor coatings – Your pool’s floor and walls are the pool’s interior surface that is mostly covered with water. If you have a cement or concrete pool, you will need to protect the surface with paint. Epoxy pool paint can transform the walls and floor of your pool and revitalize an older pool. You can choose from a wide array of colors to enhance the beauty of your pool, show off your personality, complement the aesthetic of your pool area or your home’s architecture, and make your pool more fun to use. Epoxy pool paint also creates a smooth, safe surface that is comfortable for swimmers, and enhances the durability and lifespan of your pool.
- Pool deck coatings – Your pool’s deck is the area around the pool, closest to the water but on the same level as the surrounding yard and landscaping. The pool deck is where you can set out lawn chairs, patio furniture, or towels for sunbathing. Because the pool deck gets wet, it needs to be built from a material that is safe to walk on when wet, and comfortable for walking barefoot. It must also be durable, easy-maintenance, water-resistant, able to handle extreme temperatures, and attractive. Epoxy pool deck coatings for concrete, cement, or rubber pools allow you to add beauty, texture, and color to your pool deck area while maintaining its safety and value. Coating your pool deck with epoxy will create a non-slip, durable, UV-resistant surface that is ten times stronger than the cement, concrete, or other material beneath.
Why You Should Consider Epoxy Pool Deck Coatings
Epoxy pool floor coatings and pool deck coatings are an inexpensive yet cost-effective way to dramatically revitalize the appearance, value, and safety of your pool and pool area. Whether you have just had a new pool installed or want to breathe life into a ten-year-old pool, our team can help you choose the right epoxy coating to complement your aesthetic and bring your vision of your dream pool to life. Coating your pool deck or pool floor offers these benefits:
- Protection of the deck or pool material.
- Extended lifespan of your pool and deck.
- Protection from UV rays.
- Prevention of chipping, peeling, water damage, and stains.
- Choose colors, textures, and styles that match your personality and complement your aesthetics.
- Revitalize older pools, spas, and deck areas.
- Enhance the strength and durability of your pool or deck materials.
- Increased safety by creating a temperature-resistant, non-slip surface that is comfortable and safe to walk on.
- Add stylish finishes to your pool area.
- Increase the value of your pool and home.
- Take advantage of near-limitless color, design, and texture options.
- Can last up to 10 years with proper care and maintenance.
- Change the colors easily by re-painting.
What to Expect During the Pool Deck Coating Process
The pool floor or deck coating process can take one to two weeks to complete. Our team works efficiently yet carefully to minimize your downtime while enhancing the beauty and value of your pool and ensuring an amazing end result. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, so we work hard, use the highest quality materials, and maintain attention to detail throughout. We will start with an initial consultation to assess your pool and deck area, review your goals and expectations, and discuss your budget. We can then go over our options for pool deck coatings and pool floor coatings and give you an estimate. Once we begin work, this is what you can expect from the pool floor or pool deck coating process:
- Drain the pool completely and clean it, removing all dirt and debris.
- Strip, sandblast, or power wash old pool or deck paint off the surface (unless it is epoxy paint).
- Seal any chips or cracks with caulk or hydraulic cement and wait for it to dry.
- Acid wash the walls and floor of the pool to create a textured surface that makes it easier for epoxy paint to adhere.
- Wash off the chemicals and clean the pool with a specialized, heavy-duty detergent.
- Rinse the pool again and let it dry for at least five days.
- Wait for the perfect weather and temperature conditions to begin painting. It must be warm and dry for several days. We can’t paint if it is windy or wet.
- Apply the first layer of paint and let it dry for at least four hours.
- Apply the second layer of paint.
- Allow the paint to dry for at least five days.
- Refill the pool and run the pool filter.
- Add more chlorine than usual on the first night after painting and vacuum any sediment accumulating on the pool floor.
Request an Estimate for Pool Deck Coating
If you want to learn more about pool floor or pool deck coating in Milwaukee, WI, call us today or contact us online to request an estimate. Our friendly, knowledgeable team at Lakeside Painting is happy to answer any questions or schedule a consultation to discuss your goals. We are committed to exceeding your expectations and bringing your vision of your dream pool to life. We will schedule an in-home consultation to assess the safety and condition of your pool and pool area and offer a free estimate. We offer a five-year warranty on labor and materials.