Quality Painting Services Near You
Lakeside Painting, Inc, our family-owned and operated company, has been in business in the Milwaukee, WI, area for over 50 years. What started as a residential painting company has grown into the comprehensive painting and flooring company it is today. Our experts have years of experience providing the best services at great prices. With a focus on customer satisfaction and quality craftsmanship, every project can be completed effectively and efficiently. When you choose our services, whether for vinyl siding, aluminum siding, or ceiling painting, you can trust that we will get the job done quickly and correctly.
Vinyl Siding vs. Aluminum Siding
Both vinyl and aluminum siding have benefits and downsides, making it difficult for homeowners to choose between them. These facts can help you to decide which siding is the best for you and your needs:
- Durability – Vinyl can better withstand weather and wind than aluminum. Aluminum siding is especially vulnerable to scratches and dents.
- Cost – Most vinyl products will be more affordable than aluminum products.
- Lifespan – Aluminum siding can last over 50 years when properly taken care of, while vinyl usually lasts over 40 years.
- Maintenance – Vinyl is much easier to maintain than aluminum.
- Energy Efficiency – Vinyl is better at insulating and withstanding extreme temperatures than aluminum.
Benefits of Vinyl & Aluminum Siding Painting
If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your vinyl or aluminum siding, there are options beyond replacing the siding. For example, you can paint the siding instead of replacing it. When you choose this route, there are some major benefits:
- Cost-Effective – Painting aluminum siding costs much less than replacing siding. It also can help you to personalize your home for an affordable price.
- Completely Convert Your Home – Painting vinyl and aluminum siding is one way to make it appear as if you’ve had some expensive remodeling done to your home. You can change it however much you like, either by adjusting the shade of the color, the intensity, or the entire color scheme.
Things to Remember When Painting Aluminum & Vinyl Siding
When preparing to have your siding painted, there are a few crucial things to know about the differences between painting aluminum and vinyl siding compared to other surfaces:
- Surface Preparation – When you properly prepare the surface you will be painting, you ensure that the results last longer and are more durable. Check for faults and underlying issues such as bugs, decaying wood, missing nails, moisture, etc. Proper preparation avoids taking down siding later.
- Proper Primer – Just as primer is necessary with all painting projects, priming aluminum and vinyl ensures that the paint properly adheres to the material. This also helps to weatherproof the product.
- Appropriate Paints – When choosing a color and type, it is best to have a professional’s help. Painting the vinyl a color lighter than the current color of the siding is crucial to help avoid warping and flaking. If you paint aluminum with a darker color, it won’t have the same warping issues as vinyl.
Why Is It Important to Hire a Professional?
Hiring a professional to paint your vinyl or aluminum siding is crucial, because it is difficult without proper training and experience. There are many other reasons why it’s important to hire a professional, but there are three main reasons that we’ll focus on:
- Using the Right Type of Paint – Choosing vinyl siding paint can be difficult when you don’t know what to look for. Professionals know exactly what to look for and have access to the specific type of paint needed for the project. Doing the work yourself and choosing the wrong paint could result in flaking, poor adherence, warping, and other unattractive issues. Painting aluminum siding covered with vinyl can be tricky – leave it to the experts.
- Utilizing the Right Paint Colors – Choosing vinyl siding paint colors is also very difficult. Outside of the appearance, different paint colors react differently on vinyl or aluminum siding. Unlike your indoor walls or fixtures, there are some limitations that professionals understand. For example, if you choose too dark of a color when painting vinyl siding, it could cause warping. Dark colors trap and absorb heat, so the paint could warp and disfigure in the summer.
- Access to the Right Equipment – Professional painters have the right equipment to do the job. While you could rent the equipment, mastering it is another story entirely. If you haven’t used the equipment before, it could cause issues with your project.
Why Choose Lakeside Painting Services?
At Lakeside Painting, Inc, our professionals provide quality painting and flooring services to Milwaukee, WI, and surrounding areas. Our expert technicians and quality products ensure that we deliver the best. You can trust our team to come through no matter what service you need. We provide the following services for both commercial and residential properties:
Contact Us Today
For reliable aluminum and vinyl siding painting services, our team of expert professionals can help. There are many options and plans to choose from, and we are ready to help you make the best decision for your building. Contact our team to get started.