Professional Residential Power Washing Services
Over the years, your home and the exterior surfaces around it will become dingy and dirty. That can make a bad first impression on visitors, upset your neighbors, and affect the value of your home. Routine power washing services can remove years of dirt and grime from your home, roof, and other exterior surfaces. Removing these contaminants makes your home more attractive and reduces the risk of damage to those surfaces. At Lakeside Painting, we have years of experience in power washing homes. Our residential power washing services offer a deep cleaning of your home’s exterior and prevent damage caused by mold, mildew, algae, insects and animals, dirt, and other contaminants. Call us today to make an appointment or request an estimate for exterior residential power washing in Milwaukee, WI.
What Is an Electric Power Washer?
An electric pressure washer is a powerful piece of cleaning equipment. It includes a tank holding hot water and a cleaning solution made of soap and chemicals. Attached to the tank is a hose connecting to a water source, an electric cord, and plugs to supply power. A water pump powered by an electric motor accelerates water and pushes it through a hose. This hose is connected to a wand that applies highly pressurized, hot water to the cleaned surface. If you don’t have experience operating an electric power wash machine, you might have trouble using it correctly and safely. Our team has extensive experience using this equipment efficiently and effectively. We know the appropriate equipment and settings to protect your home’s exterior surfaces while deep cleaning.
Should You Pressure Wash or Power Wash a House?
Electric power washing and pressure washing are both methods of cleaning that can get deep into the pores of the surface being cleaned. Both methods use highly pressurized water to remove decades of dirt, grime, stains, mold, animal droppings, graffiti, and more. But which method is better for your home’s exterior? Let’s take a look at the differences between the two exterior cleaning methods:
- Power washing – A power washer uses highly pressurized hot water to clean exterior surfaces. Its power lies in the extreme temperature and high pressure of the water. It can remove residues like salt, mold, mildew, dirt, grime, stains, and chewing gum. Power washing can be done on cement, asphalt, concrete, vinyl, plastic, metal, aluminum, stucco, wood, and brick. You can power wash a sidewalk, driveway, patio, deck, porch, parking lot, loading ramp, swimming pool, wall, siding, and more. Power washing can even remove grease, oil, and graffiti. If you power wash weeds and grass, the hot water kills them and stops them from growing back right away.
- Pressure washing – Pressure washing also uses high-pressure water, but the water isn’t heated. It doesn’t perform as well as power washing against mold, mildew, weeds, moss, tough stains, grease, and graffiti. It is a gentler option for surfaces that can’t withstand power washing, but it won’t give you as deep a clean. It can be safely used on older structures and surfaces that might be too delicate for power washing, like older masonry, concrete, and brick. It offers a quick clean but not as deep as pressure washing.
You should choose power washing to ensure a deep, lasting cleaning of large exterior surfaces. It’s always best to hire a professional for residential power washing services to guarantee no damage to your home.
When and Why Should You Schedule a Power Wash?
Our team at Lakeside Painting can complete an assessment of your home before recommending power washing services. We will evaluate the size, age, condition, and materials to confirm that power washing can be done safely and effectively. We recommend that you power wash a house or other exterior surfaces if:
- You plan on painting the exterior siding.
- You are putting your home on the market.
- You see visible mold, mildew, or algae growth.
- There are stains on the siding or coming from the roof.
- Your gutters haven’t been cleaned in months or longer.
- You just moved into a home that needs serious maintenance.
- Your patio, porch, or deck is covered in debris, stains, grime, or leaves.
- You rarely use your outdoor living spaces because they are so dirty.
- You see signs of pest or animal infestations on your roof, eaves, or gutters.
- Your pool or spa has mold, mildew, algae, dirt, or grime.
- Your driveway or garage floor is stained with grease or oil.
- You have a graffiti problem.
- Your sidewalk, driveway, or patio is damaged by weed growth.
- You want to repaint or restain your deck, siding, or concrete.
Other Services We Provide
In addition to residential exterior power washing, we offer other commercial, industrial, and residential improvement services. Our team has years of experience and is highly skilled, trained, and qualified. Call us today to learn more about any of these other services we provide:
- Interior and exterior painting.
- Floor coating.
- Industrial cleaning.
- Commercial and industrial epoxy flooring.
- Industrial and commercial masonry and concrete waterproofing.
- Floor stripping and marking.
- Exterior and interior painting.
- Cabinet painting and finishing.
- Garage floor coating.
- Wallpaper and wall coverings.
- Vinyl and aluminum siding painting.
Schedule Residential Exterior Power Washing in Milwaukee, WI
If you’re ready to improve your home’s beauty, value, and longevity, call us today or contact us online. You can schedule an appointment for residential exterior power washing in Milwaukee, WI or request a free estimate. A team member will visit your home, evaluate its age and condition, and discuss your needs and goals. We can then offer an accurate estimate of the residential power washing services cost.